Another stupid 'my corner of the web' blog. I plan on this being my outlet for frustration long after my friends have died of boredom listening to me rail for/against "The Man". Then, instead of complaining, I'll just point my friends here!

12.02.2005

A picture is worth a thousand words

But I didn't have anytime while I was on the way to the ER, so I'll have to make up for it in words. Surgery went well. Tonsils barely even hurt at all.

Sinuses are still dripping blood. Apparently will do so for the next 48 hours. However, on the way home from the hospital, something went wrong. While we were in traffic. All of a sudden, I had a gusher of a nosebleed. Given the way Chicago traffic works, this meant 1:30 hours till I got to the nearest ER. By the time I got there, my blood pressure was low, may faces (from forehead to chin) was dripping blood, I was beyond paniced, and the car seat was nicely stained. I managed to soak a bath towel.

Very exciting. There was a mirror in the hospital, and nothing is quite as scary as the sight of yourself with your whole face covered in blood, dripping down your neck and chest. That should be a subpoint in a Lacan mirror stage. My mom's playing nursemaid, and she's had to inject a coagulant into my nose every hour to try and get it under control. It's still bleeding; doc says that'll continue for the next two days.

Yuck. Now I need to figure out a good way to get dried blood off of skin. Especially from inside my mouth.

Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home